School Social Workers provide mental health services to address needs that help students succeed academically, emotionally, and socially.
Social work services in school include:
- Providing individual or small group counseling to help students overcome emotional, behavioral, or emerging mental health problems;
- Consult and collaborate with staff and families to support students’ emotional, behavioral, and mental health needs in the classroom setting;
- Preparing a social or developmental history on a child with a disability as part of a comprehensive special education evaluation;
- Mobilizing school and community resources to enable the child to learn as effectively as possible the educational setting; and
- Assisting in developing positive behavior strategies.
Student Services Contact