2020 Summer Registration Opens January 14, 2020
Information on this page is subject to change prior to January 14, 2020.
2020 Summer Kidstop & Cosmic Club Sites
Edinbrook • Oak View • Rush Creek • Weaver Lake
The Spot will be at Maple Grove Middle School
Registration is based on available space.
Summer Kidstop, Cosmic Club, and The SPOT programs run June 11- August 26 (Closed July 3rd)
Quality Summer Fun!
- Energy, nutrition, and wellness learning.
- Early morning and late afternoon clubs, camps, and games.
- Dedicated breakfast and afternoon snack. (Please provide lunch for your child each day)
- Weekly media time, reading, and book checkout with a district media specialist.
- Off-site field trips and on-site special events.
- Active exercise curriculum teaching healthy, positive and fit responses to life’s choices.
- Family Fun Run opportunity for a 1K/5K run/walk race.
- Hands-on activities that promote learning:
- Social Emotional Learning
- Healthy Culinary Innovations
- Leadership Opportunities
- Art Community Service
Casual Family Meet And Greet For All Summer Programs
Families can participate in a meet and greet, visit, ask questions, and interact with staff as we prepare our summer site.
Wednesday, June 10th 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Spot Summer Family Orientation & Student Sampler
If your child is entering 6th – 8th grade, your family is invited to check out the SPOT with a formal orientation, pizza dinner, and student activity sampler.
Thursday, April 16, 2020
At Maple Grove Middle School
Pizza Dinner 6:00 pm
Formal Orientation 6:15 pm
Student Activity Sampler 6:15 pm – 8:00 pm
Summer 2020 Sites, Entrances, Phone Numbers, and Calendars
|Maple Grove Middle (SPOT)|
Summer Program Options
All Kidstop, Cosmic Club, and SPOT sites provide an awesome variety of activities that encourage creativity, collaboration, exploration, health, fitness, and nutrition.
- Kidstop (Grades K-3): Programming geared for some of our younger learners. Activities are more structured and focus on many fun and different themes. These include science, math, technology, art, music, and more!
- Cosmic Club (Grades 4-5): Begins to provide students in these age groups with more opportunities to practice their growing independence, with a particular emphasis on service learning and community service. All of the fun experiences of Kidstop take place in this group but are reimaged to meet the needs of this age of students.
- The Spot (Grades 6-8): A place for older youth to not only hang out and make new friends but a program that is truly designed by youth for youth. Our staff place a heavy emphasis on leadership development with program participants who develop/assist in developing field trips, activities, service opportunities and more!
Summer 2020 Rates and Contract Options:
- Auto Payment is required
- We will continue to take enrollments until site is at capacity, at which point we will begin a waitlist.
- You can pick exactly what days you want your child/children to attend this summer. The more days you pick, the cheaper the rate.
- Registering by the priority deadline 2/4/20 requires a non-refundable registration fee of $25.00 per student contract.
- Registration after the priority deadline (2/4/20) requires a non-refundable registration fee of $35.00 per student contract.
- An email notification will be given when your contract is accepted.
Before Commitment Deadline 5/20/20, 11:59 PM
- Families may drop and add days based on availability without a change fee. Some dates fill quickly (including field trip days) and may not be available due to staffing ratios or field trip ticket pre-orders.
- After 5/20/20, contracts are locked for the summer and subject to the commitment day policy in your terms and conditions.
After Commitment Deadline 5/20/20
- Families may cancel days for a fee if notice is received by Wednesday 11:59 pm prior to the affected week. The cancellation fee is $15 per child for each email (regardless of the number of days requested). Requests must be made to CECares@District279.org.
- Removing days are subject to daily rate fee adjustments.
- Rate adjustments are not retroactive and take effect moving forward.
- Days may be added at the Drop-In Rate on a space-availability basis by entering it in the registration system by Wednesday 11:59 pm prior to the week attending.
- No swapping or banking of days is allowed.
Contracts entered after May 20th are not guaranteed placement when summer begins on June 11th and are subject to space availability. An email notification will be given when your contract is accepted.
Rates Based On Days Attending
|NUMBER OF DAYS||KIDSTOP RATE||SPOT RATE|
|"Same Day" Drop-In (Requires Active Contract)||$53.25/Day||$54.29/Day|
|40 or More Days||$36.05/Day||$36.75/Day|
All programs run from 6:30 am - 6:00 pm.
Summer Field Trips and Schedules (2020 TBD)
Summer Field Trips
See Site Calendars
Field trips are not confirmed (unless indicated) and unconfirmed dates/events may change.
Kidstop Breakfast and Snack Menu
SPOT Breakfast and Snack Menu
Kidstop, Cosmic Club, and The SPOT reserve the right to cancel, reschedule, or adjust a program field trip location, date, or time. This adjustment could be due to weather, facility location, or program decision. If a cancellation or adjustment does occur on a day your child/children are scheduled to attend, families will not be allowed to switch days or have your account credited due to this change. We cannot control all circumstances related to field trips and will communicate with families as soon as we know of any changes to scheduled trips.
Swim lessons have a 4:55-5:00pm bus pick up time and run 5:30-6:15pm.
All lessons will be at Maple Grove Middle School