Enroll now so your student can start as soon as possible!
The Osseo Area Schools Enrollment Center manages the enrollment process for all new and returning students, K-12. The Center also handles address changes.
Before you visit:
- Complete enrollment forms for each student;
- Gather the required enrollment documents; and
- Verify your student’s resident school district and assigned attendance area school.
Note: A parent/legal guardian must be present at time of enrollment, and a parent/legal guardian signature is required on all forms. Please allow 30 minutes to 1 hour for all enrollments and school choice transfers.
During your visit, you will meet with a staff member to:
- Learn about schools and special programs, such as magnet schools;
- Receive information regarding transportation, educational benefits such as free and reduced lunch, and other applicable services;
- Provide health history and discuss any health-related concerns; and
- If needed, receive:
Tuition-Free Half-Day Every Day Pre-Kindergarten Applications
- Free Half-Day Pre-Kindergarten brochure
- I live within the attendance area for my desired free pre-kindergarten school (2018-2019 school year).
- I live in District 279 (Osseo Area Schools), but outside the attendance area for my desired free pre-kindergarten school (2018-2019 school year).
- I live in a different school district but want to apply for free pre-kindergarten in Osseo Area Schools (2018-2019 school year).
- I live in one of the seven Northwest Suburban Integration School District member districts and want to apply for free pre-kindergarten at Birch Grove (2018-2019 school year).
- Look up your assigned attendance area.
Kindergarten & First Grade Enrollment Eligibility
To be eligible to enroll in first grade, a student must:
- Have completed kindergarten, or
- Be six years of age on September 1 of the school year for which admission is requested, or
- Have completed a full year of kindergarten taught by a licensed kindergarten teacher and is age six on or before December 31 of the school year for which admission is requested.
If your child is not eligible to enroll in first grade, please enroll him/her in kindergarten.
If you have questions or need assistance completing the enrollment forms or gathering the enrollment documents, please contact the Enrollment Center.