Every year, two students from each school receive the Triple “A” Award from the Minnesota State High School League honoring their accomplishments as a student, athlete and artist. Students must be a senior and hold at least a 3.0 GPA.
Maple Grove Senior High
- Jenna Benson participates in cross-country, Nordic skiing, tennis, track, jazz band and wind ensemble.
- Christopher Kwon participates in cross-country, Nordic skiing, tennis, soccer, symphony orchestra and choir.
Osseo Senior High
- Darian Clark participates in choir, musicals, track and field, cross-country and Nordic skiing.
- Gabrielle Holton participates in orchestra, musicals and hockey, and this spring will be the captain on the lacrosse team.
Park Center Senior High
- Rachel Huser is captain of the soccer team and participates in orchestra and pit orchestra for the musical. She also was named 2017-18 senior class cabinet president.
- Aaron MacMurdo is a member of the marching and pep bands, and participates in jazz and wind ensembles. He serves as captain of the football and wrestling team and plays boys tennis.
PHOTO: From left to right: Jenna Benson and Christopher Kwon from MGSH; Darian Clark and Gabrielle Holton of OSH; and Rachel Huser and Aaron MacMurdo from PCSH stand proudly with Principal Heather Miller-Cink.
All six students will now move on to the regional competition. A multi-level process involving the League’s member schools and administrative regions will select Triple “A” Award recipients. League officials will announce the four award recipients (a girl and a boy from both Class "A" and Class "AA" school) at a special banquet this spring. Each award recipient will receive a four-year $1,000 scholarship.